299–The Comfort of a LOT of Friends
If the CraftLit iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Details on the new Download-Only Subscription option.
Please respond to this quick 6 question survey from Libsyn, our audio host. This demographic information will help provide relevant advertising. NOTE–you can leave the email blank, all other questions must be filled out.
- I’ll be at the The Knitting Loft This Saturday, April 20, 2013 from 1-4 with samples from the What Would Madame Defarge Knit?® series. Want to see IN PERSON The Jumble Sale Kimono for the Widow Mayhew’s Daughter or Ahab’s Aran Gansey or Iseult’s Dress or Hester’s Hope Shawl or Hunter Hammersen‘s Cthulhu Socks (from the first book)? I’ll have them! It’s also the first day of the Metro Yarn Crawl, which runs through Sunday April 28, 2013.
- I’m speaking at the Common Cod on Friday May 10th, 2013 at 7pm and teaching my sock heel workshop the next day. Boston! MIT! My heart is with you!
- Lucy Neatby has a new and improved you tube channel, a great and useful website, and a 25% discount for her Craftsy class just for YOU.
- Are you missing Dracula? Vlad to Bat is an adorable pattern by Justyna Kacprzak and is available for both knit and crochet.
- Laura Ricketts, What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? designer, released an adult-sized (xs-3x!) version of her Comfort of a Friend Shawl as a thank-you gift for those who pre-ordered. It’s now available to purchase (it’s not included in the book). It will be part of a knit-a-long starting April 16th, because we all need some comfort that day! Please join us on Tuesday!
- The second volume of the What Would Madame Defarge Knit®? series, What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?, is now available! The print edition should be back from the printer soon. Please order your copy today! You can also join the mailing list to receive news about upcoming books in this series. Preview the patterns on the website or at Ravelry.
Some fun literatures related links:
- a Jane Eyre film and television adaptation round up by CarrieS
- The Great Gatsby as a 1987 Nintendo Game
General Newsy Bits:
- The shop is spiffified—audiobooks with benefits are now being loaded regularly. If you are looking for a book from Craftlit that we did years ago, please hang in there. We’re reprocessing for better audio and cutting some of the extra stuff so it’s a nice streamlined download. As those are ready we’ll add them to the shop. Wuthering Heights, Alice in Wonderland, Canterville Ghost, and The Great Gatsby originally available free to premium subscribers are now available for purchase. Cool for Cats is also there. A promo for Tale of Two Cities will be available soon. The audio has been completely reprocessed for an improved books with benefits experience.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can read all about the different options here you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android’s app or you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan.
grab the code
Book talk starts at 27:13 minutes.