331–Sorry Mister Jakes!
With apologies to John Jakes, we are reading Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South, chapter 1, with many thanks to our reader, Barbara Edleman. Book talk begins at 16 minutes.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
You have until February 28th to win a copy of Crochet Wraps Every Which Way by Tammy Hildebrand. Our December winner was Lisa P.
CraftLit Holiday Cookbook is still available (and free!). If you have recipes to add, please email them to me.
ALL eight of theGrounded sock patterns—are now in the complete eBook Novel Socks!
To keep on top of new socks, shawls, and sock puppet theater
(you heard me)
join the (very infrequently used) Grounded mailing list!
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter:
Margaret mentions The New Forest which is located in the counties of Hampshire and Dorset, between the major cities of Christchurch to the west and Southampton to the east.
You can see why Margaret would have liked it.
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown (Our CraftLit-Throwdown group page on Ravelry—let’s get more than six hats in there, please)
- Not a knitter? Don’t have time to make a hat? Each $5.00 donation to Halos of Hope will be equal to 1 hat contributed to their chosen team. All monies raised through this initiative will help us to ship the 2,000+ hats that we hope are received through this campaign. $5 ships 16 hats to a center in need.
- New What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- I’ll be presenting this Sunday at 10am Eastern at the
- The Cognitive Anchoring blogged book has been going great guns. To find out why knitting and crocheting and doodling is good for your brain, take a look.
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- Scary Mary Zentagling
- Now in the shoppe, many audiobooks with benefits which were originally available only to premium subscribers: The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.