371b – A Conversation – Herland
| Call-in Line |
Call in and leave an audio comment!
How to call from outside of the US.
| Current Book |
| Links |
| Not so much the Crafty Bits this week (unless you count my dad’s mind) |
- Rod Piazza and his surfboard and Duke
- Alfred Kroeber, Theodora Kroeber, Ishi, Second Story Books, Ursula K. Le Guin
- Melanie Wallendorf
- Learning to Love Criticism article on the differences between men’s and women’s work reviews
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin (listen to Julie read it)
- Eugenics (oh Galton —Lord of the Cognitive Anchoring Fidget—We hardly knew ye)
- Julian Simon / Paul Erlich wager
- Malthus and his predicted Malthusian catastrophe (Upon which the awesome Musical Comedy Urinetown was based!—um… no joke…)
- The Great-as-in-huge-and-horrid-but-not-so-much-Potato Famine
- 1940s Famine in Bengal, India
- Want Famine? Throw a War and have everyone come! Or have a democracy and not so much of the Famine.
- FEWS – Famine Early Warning System
- Keeping Women Reading in countries where they might not have such an easy time doing it.
- “Bread and Circuses”
- The “I like to keep up with general CraftLit news” newsletter (just one at start of the month—or if there’s some wacky audio emergency I’ll send info out)
- The “I’m interested in the CraftLit Tour!” newsletter (you’ll only hear from us when there’s a trip to go on)
- The “Can you please explain podcasts and subscriptions and what-have-you” newsletter
Our Giveaway is Hunter Hammersen’s Curls book
Yummy Wonderfulness. Have a look!
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Premium Audio covers chapter 6 (1881) of The Picture of Dorian Gray this week.