Chapters 45-46 of Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen.
- Book talk starts at 16± min
- Call in Line – 1-206-350-1642
- Call in and leave an audio comment – Please use SpeakPipe if you are outside of the US
- First S&S episode: 378 shownotes | Audio
| Crafty Bits|
• Pairfect sock yarn from Schachenmayr, carried in the US here.
• Ohio Valley Natural Fibers (the really cool mill with the antique machinery) (Thank you, Martha)
• Any advice for washing stinky dog fur for spinning? Let me know if the comments below, on a voicemail (206-350-1642), or email me.
• FB PAGE vs FB GROUP
• Knightshaze Gardens National Trust, Tiverton (link takes you to a Google page-o-pics)
In London October 18, 2015? So am I!!!
Come meet me and get a dose of Cognitive Anchoring!
– Yarn in the City! Cognitive Anchoring! Me! London! Presenting said talk! More here
– Cognitive Anchoring site
Special 400th Episode Celebration!!!
Join The Fun!
It’s coming sooner than you think! Email me or go here and see how to toss your hat in the ring, send your audio into the mix, but your mouth where your ears will be and be heard on CraftLit!
CraftLit Episodes – Early Fall Schedule:
• 399 — tentative release date Friday, September 25
• 400 — tentative release date Friday, October 2
| Book Talk – 16± minutes |
• Tintern grounds and a bit of the story
• The audiobook of Wolf Hall is second only to Bleak House (the Audible version read by a female/male duo), IMHO.
• Austen’s Henry VIII quote: *”The Crimes & Cruelties of [Henry VIII], were too numerous to be mentioned, (as this history I trust has fully shewn;) & nothing can be said in his vindication, but that his abolishing Religious Houses & leaving them to the ruinous depredations of time has been of infinite use to the landscape of England in general, which probably was a principal motive for his doing it, since otherwise why should a Man who was of no Religion himself be at so much trouble to abolish one which had for ages been established in the Kingdom.”
• Walden Witch House, (I remembered some of the story correctly.)
| SPREAD THE CLASSICS |
I’d love it if you wouldn’t mind sharing #CraftLit with your Twitter followers. Click here to easily post a tweet!
If you <3 this episode and have a sec, please head on over to iTunes and kindly leave a rating, a review, and subscribe to the free podcast!
Ways to subscribe to CraftLit: your weekly annotated audiobook podcast:
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Or subscribe through the app (see below)
| FEEDBACK |
You can ask your questions, make comments, and let us know what you do when you listen to CraftLit! Let your voice be heard.
• Download the FREE CraftLit App for iOS or Android or Windows 8 smartphones and tablets (you can call or email feedback straight from within the app)
• Call 206-350-1642
• Email Heather@CraftLit.com
• Use our SpeakPipe Page!
Wear Your Love AS Your Sleeve!
Podcast Listener Since Before Serial by CraftLit*
Create a unique custom *PLSBSt-shirt online at Zazzle.
| Premium Audio — Surprise Short |
This week — Biscuits ex Machina!
Seriously. That’s the awesome name of this short story!