| Call-in Line |
Call in and leave an audio comment!
How to call from outside of the US.
| Current Book |
Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. Book talk begins at 11:20. The first Herland episode is 336.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site, the Premium Member Audio stream can be found here and on the free CraftLit smart phone apps.
| Links |
| Not so much the Crafty Bits this week (unless you count my dad’s mind) |
- Rod Piazza and his surfboard and Duke
- Alfred Kroeber, Theodora Kroeber, Ishi, Second Story Books, Ursula K. Le Guin
- Melanie Wallendorf
- Learning to Love Criticism article on the differences between men’s and women’s work reviews
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin (listen to Julie read it)
- Eugenics (oh Galton —Lord of the Cognitive Anchoring Fidget—We hardly knew ye)
- Julian Simon / Paul Erlich wager
- Malthus and his predicted Malthusian catastrophe (Upon which the awesome Musical Comedy Urinetown was based!—um… no joke…)
- The Great-as-in-huge-and-horrid-but-not-so-much-Potato Famine
- 1940s Famine in Bengal, India
- Want Famine? Throw a War and have everyone come! Or have a democracy and not so much of the Famine.
- FEWS – Famine Early Warning System
- Keeping Women Reading in countries where they might not have such an easy time doing it.
- “Bread and Circuses”
- The “I like to keep up with general CraftLit news” newsletter (just one at start of the month—or if there’s some wacky audio emergency I’ll send info out)
- The “I’m interested in the CraftLit Tour!” newsletter (you’ll only hear from us when there’s a trip to go on)
- The “Can you please explain podcasts and subscriptions and what-have-you” newsletter
Our Giveaway is Hunter Hammersen’s Curls book
Yummy Wonderfulness. Have a look!
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Premium Audio covers chapter 6 (1881) of The Picture of Dorian Gray this week.
Different from Premium Membership Audio but still awesome fun!
learn more about Subbable | see more of the perks you can purloin | Subbable FAQ