Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, Book 2, chapter 23, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
You have until November 30th to win a copy of Inspired Fair Isle Knits by Fiona Ellis. October winners were Leanna of NC and Susan of MA.
You can see (and purchase) the first four Grounded sock patterns—Rosie, Izzy, Jenn, and now Jasmine—or get the automagically updating eBook and collect all 8!
To keep on top of new socks, shawls, and sock puppet theater (you heard me) join the Grounded mailing list!
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter:
- Pix of the hertic carriage, another, and Mister Hertic himself.
- The next Grounded inspired sock pattern after Jasmine will be Justin. Look for it in two weeks on Mama O Knits Too Much.
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown (Our CraftLit-Throwdown group page on Ravelry) The rules are: There are no rules!
–No just kidding, but we are treating it a bit like a playground style throwdown, so there aren’t many rules.
–It basically boils down to this:
–Listeners may donate to multiple podcast teams (but each individual hat will only count toward one team).
–Follow the Halos of Hope guidelines when making your hats. (http://www.halosofhope.org/volunteers/cap-patterns-a-guidelines.html)
–It’s looking like there will be prize drawing for people who donated hats to the winning team.
–Since we’re a multi-craftual podcast, please know that hats may be knitted, crocheted, or sewn. And there are even a few patterns for sewn hats/headwraps on the Halos Site.
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- Trying to get Dracula to the shoppe in time for Halloween. Now in the shoppe, many audiobooks with benefits which were originally available only to premium subscribers: The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Booktalk begins at 6min
Want a button?
grab the code