Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, Book 2, chapters 27-29, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne. Book talk begins at 5:20min.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
You have until December 31st to win a copy of Green Gables Knitsby Joanna Johnson. November winner was Terri H.
However, RIGHT NOW you can “win” (that is “download right now”) your very own copy of the first (and last) ever CraftLit Holiday Cookbook! I have to post this link early so right now you’ll get a PDF confirmation. Every time I update the cookbook with new recipes you’ll get an email with the latest download link.
Easy peasy and FREE! Merry Christmas!
You can see (and purchase) the first five Grounded sock patterns—Rosie, Izzy, Jenn, Jasmine and now Justin—or get the automagically updating eBook and collect all 8!
Next week, look for the final three!
A sneak peek of the heel to Mina’s Protective Sock is to the left.
Many thanks to Nanette the Nanny for knitting me my very own pair!
To keep on top of new socks, shawls, and sock puppet theater (you heard me) join the Grounded mailing list!
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter:
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown (Our CraftLit-Throwdown group page on Ravelry—let’s get more than six hats in there, please)
- Not a knitter? Don’t have time to make a hat? Each $5.00 donation to Halos of Hope will be equal to 1 hat contributed to their chosen team. All monies raised through this initiative will help us to ship the 2,000+ hats that we hope are received through this campaign. $5 ships 16 hats to a center in need.
- Green Gables Knits–Our December Raffle
- The next Grounded inspired sock pattern after Justin will be Mina. Look for it in two weeks on Mama O Knits Too Much.
- Fiona Ellis on Fiber Hooligan; me on Fiber Hooligan
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- Stitcher Radio Podcast Awards: If you have a sec (maybe 30–it’s fast) please follow this link to nominate CraftLit. It’s shocking how much a difference something like this can make to a little indie thing like CraftLit. Thank you!
- Send me holiday cookie recipes this week!
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- Now in the shoppe, many audiobooks with benefits which were originally available only to premium subscribers: The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Booktalk begins at 5:20min
Want a button?
grab the code