Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre, Chapters 22 and 23.
Our reader, Elizabeth Klett continues to rock Jane Eyre for us!
If the CraftLit iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
To help you navigate this chapter:
- A stile allows passage through a fence or boundary.
- Ignis Fatuus is the phosphorescent light found hovering over swampy ground at night.
- Little Acorn Creations
- Knit Circus
- February Incentive – Thank you to everyone who commented on the February show notes.
Congratulations to … Tara!
The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns
by Sarah Anderson
Here’s a link to knitty’s review (by jillian).
- Here’s a link to my own review at MamaO Knits Too Much.
Incentive donated by Storey Publishing.
- Isn’t Nanette’s Zentangled Sugar Bowl (pictured at right) lovely?
- The eMag Sockupied Spring 2013 is now available (PC/Mac/iPad). W(e)WMDfK? Designer Kate Atherley has an article on sock customization.
- The second volume of the What Would Madame Defarge Knit®? series. What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?, is very close to publication. There’s a signup form to join the mailing list to receive news about interviews with designers, sneak peeks, and freebies below. You can also preview all the patterns on the website or at Ravelry. Please pre-order today!
- I have a new little coffee cozy pattern which you can buy now from my Rav store or from our Shoppe.
- The second issue of Knit Edge is now available! Knit Edge is a magazine published by our good friend, Cooperative Press. Yours truly has a podcasting column in it! Kate Atherley has a fantastic article on socks. There’s a fab-u-lous guernsey by Janine LeCras. There are many wonderful patterns, please check it out!
- The Fourth Annual Rose City Yarn Crawl in Portland Oregon is this weekend, Feb 28 – March 3, 2013.
General Newsy Bits:
- Kevin Smokler, Practical Classics: 50 Reasons to Reread 50 Books You Haven’t Touched Since High School. Want more Kevin? For your listening pleasure, Book Riot‘s Podcast Off-Topic with Kevin Smokler: A.J. Jacobs.
Practical Classics: 50 Reasons to Reread 50 Books You Haven’t Touched Since High School
- Watch and Read:
- Petition to raise awareness about the need to update and fix the VA: learn more about the petition to fix the Veterans Association and direct link to petition.
- The shop has been receiving some much needed attention and we are now able to offer downloads of the books — audiobooks with benefits. More payment options beyond paypal will be available very soon. If you are looking for a book from Craftlit that we did years ago, please hang in there. We’re reprocessing for better audio and cutting some of the extra stuff so it’s a nice streamlined download. As those are ready we’ll add them to the shop. Wuthering Heights and Canterville Ghost originally available free to premium subscribers are now available for purchase. Cool for Cats is also available for purchase.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can read all about the new interface here and discover the simplicity of listening to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android for free. Now playing… Alice in Wonderland! More options on the way for those of you without US credit cards, without a credit card at all, and for those of you who simply prefer to stay off the grid and use checks. More as soon as it’s set up!
- Please feel free to join our Knit-a-Long for Jane’s Ubiquitous Shawl. I’m done, but starting another (color me gluttonous).
Interview with Kevin Smokler starts at 6 minutes. Book talk starts at 24 minutes. Click to listen.
grab the code