Call in and leave an audio comment!
| Current Book |
Chapter 36 (Vol 2, ch 11) of North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell, with many thanks to our reader, Barbara Edleman. Book talk begins at 29 minutes.
The first N&S episode is 331.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
| This Week |
- M’appen = May Happen (perhaps, maybe)
- welly = nearly (e.g., “Fire’s welly out”)
- would fain = with pleasure, gladly
- aught = various uses (everything, anything, nothing) so Higgins’, “There he went, ossing to promise aught, and pledge himsel’ to aught—to tell a’ he know’d on our proceedings, the food-for-nothing Judas!”
“There he went, trying to promise everything and pledge himself to everything and tell everything he knew about our union business.”
- a-that-ens = to those ends, that way
- “To a Mountain Daisy: On Turning One Down with the Plow, in April, 1786”—poem by Robert Burns read by Craftlit’s Resident Scotsman (the Awesome Arlen) with a proper burr (and Scottish bróg)!
Images in the video: “Robert burns” by Original uploader was Yallery Brown at en.wikipedia – Transfered from en.wikipedia. Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons.
His home: “Ellisland Farm and the River Nith” by Unknown – Wilson. Land of Burns. 1840. Licensed under Public domain via Wikimedia Commons.
- ill-redd-up = unmade, ashy fireplace
- butty = (back then) any kind of bread with… anything (butter, salt, fat)
- The connection between vinegar and fainting
- London up, Milton down? What gives? Let us know!
Robotic Arm! (Couldn’t get permissions for the other videos)
Prince Eric (not so generic)
No Frogs this week. [sad face] I think it was a little too cold at night.
- Request Heather speak on Cognitive Anchoring or teach (sock heels, etc) at CreativeLive or Stitches or VOGUEknitting LIVE!
- Vanessa at Survival Organs found the most amazing gluten-free, calorie-free, food jewelry you will ever want to wear!
- Tara–Wurster-Weight on Ravelry–of the curtain coverlet and Heather’s Quilt (in case you wanna say Hi)
- Christine—who brought up the idea of Morsbags labels that also say CRAFTLIT! (Any ideas on where to/how to make them? Lemme know!)
- GoFundMe site for Saving Sifu Design Studio
| This Month |
Other Stuff from this Month’s Shows
- Make a Morsbag, and our CraftLit Pod
- Knit a Nest article and Knit a Nest site
- eMail me with info on homeschool diplomas
- Women in Podcasting link hosted by Marina Martinez
| Every Week |
Shop in the Shoppe!
Use Our App!
- Bleak House Bundles 1-4 are in the Shoppe. FORTY hours of awesomeness with another 10 hours coming as soon as the book is finished for subscribers.
Return to the Top
Want a button?
…and more in the Defarge/CraftLit shop!
|Be the first to find out when the Grounded sequel–Shattered— will be released!|