We are reading Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South, chapters 11–12, with many thanks to our reader, Barbara Edleman. Book talk begins at 16:30 (or 26, if you prefer ONLY only book talk) minutes.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Giveaway winner of Crochet Wraps Every Which Way by Tammy Hildebrand was Jennifer in Calgary. Another giveaway starts on April 1 (don’t feel foolish by missing it!)
And if you already have, but need to sign up for the CraftLit newsletter, you can do that here.
|Join the (very infrequently used) Grounded mailing list!|
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter
- Manchester = Milton-Northern
- 1850s printed Calico pattern (from a cool blog, checkitout):
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown Thank you Team CraftLit! And, of course, you can still donate to Halos of Hope.
- New What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
For (ew) ticks
- App-useful book list (also in app, now… I hope…)
- NY Times: Really? You’re not in a Book Club?
- 19th Century novelists’ Hogwarts Houses
- Awesome listener Christina sent Davenport desk info and Chevy Chase ballad info for you while I was befuddled and sleepy.
- The Frozen blog post… for your consideration…
- North and South on Netflix—episode 1 should be safe.
- Send me your Defarge Selfies! If you see a WWMDfK? book out in the wild, take a selfie with it and send it in or post it in the comments below! We’ll add it to the Defarge site. Be sure to tell us the name and location of your store so we can link back and give them props.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.