Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre, chapters 37 & 38.
Our reader, Elizabeth Klett has rocked Jane Eyre for us!
If the CraftLit iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
New Download-Only Subscription option explained.
Heather is hosting an hour-long online, face-to-face book group where we can chat about the end of Jane Eyre!
Where: Google Hangout, May 26, 2013 9:30pm EDT
How: Learn more at craftlit.com
Bonus: You’ll get a copy of the new Enhanced Jane Eyre eBook as part of your attendance fee!
Literary Links of interest:
- The BBC recreated the Netherfield Ball for the 500th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice (YouTube video).
- The next book is… Age of Innocence by Edith Warton, narrated by Brenda Dayne.
- The next subscriber book is… Bleak House by Charles Dickens, narrated by Mil Nicholson.
- Knit Circus
- Little Acorn Creations
- PennyWise Consulting.com
- Sponsored Audiobook link: Listen to Jake Gyllenhaal narrate The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. This audiobook is only $7.49 with Audible membership! Want to add an audiobooks with benefits experience? Purchase it now, in our shop.
- Not one of the lucky nine able to join this first book discussion? What me to come talk or teach at your guild or store? Subscribe to my calendar and learn more about my classes and speaking engagements here.
- Recent interviews: Podcasting Tips and Promotion at libsyn, with Henriette or roued.com, Episode 183 of the High Fiber Diet podcast, Episode 310 of Ready Set Knit
- This is a Squiddle (see right), a character from Homestuck. I want to sell this pattern but can’t seem to get an answer re: licensing or permission from Andrew Hussie. Help?
- Our Age of Innocence narrator, Brenda Dayneis on a mini US Tour right now:
- This weekend, May 26 & 27th, she’s teaching at the Fibre Train Festivalin Nampa, Idaho.
- On June 14th-15th, she is teaching at the North Georgia Knitting Guild
- Andi Smith, Designer of What Would Madame Defarge Knit?‘s Jane Fairfax’s Tippet, What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?‘s The Jumble Sale Kimono for the Widow Mayhew’s Daughter, technical editor extraordinaire, is now also a Cooperative Press Author, with her new book Big Foot Knits which is available for preorders. If that weren’t enough, she’s host of our second Else KAL for the Jumble Sale Kimono. You can keep up with all our KALs by subscribing to the newsletter!
- Cooperative Presswas very busy this week! These titles are now in pre-order:
- Unique Feet: Men’s Socks from the Unique Sheep, by Laura Lough (Laura was interviewed in Episode 280 (at 11:55))
- Stitching in the Stacks, edited by Sarah Barbour, forward by Jessamyn West of librarian.net
- and Issue 3 of Knit Edge Magazine is now available. Subscription and back issue information here.
- Gwen Bortner‘s class is How to Teach It! Use this link for a 50% discount!
- The second volume of the What Would Madame Defarge Knit?® series, What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?, is now available! The print edition is now available, pre-ordered copies shipped last week. Please order your copy today! You can also join the mailing list to receive news about upcoming books in this series. Preview the patterns on the website or at Ravelry.
General Newsy Bits:
- The ALL NEW PROTOTYPE Enhanced eBook—we started with Jane Eyre—is in the Shoppe. Read more there and tell your homeschooling friends.
- The Shakespeare Alphabet Book. By Our Ehren Ziegler and What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? Illustrator Shannon Sneedse Kickstarter campaign through May 29th. Please back this project!—the more that comes in the more cool stuff can come out of their brains! Plus it’s a really cool book!
- Curious about Digital Humanities? Listener Henriette Roued-Cunliffe explains.
- The shop is spiffified—and holds some stand-bys: Wuthering Heights, Alice in Wonderland, Canterville Ghost, and The Great Gatsby originally available free to premium subscribers are now available for purchase. Cool for Cats is also there. And best, A Tale of Two Cities is now available! The audio has been completely reprocessed for an improved books with benefitsexperience.
- If you want to subscribe to get exclusive subscriber-only premium content, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
grab the code
Book talk starts at 17:20 you can listen to it here.