Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, chapters 7– & 8, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
All Subscriber options explained here — current subscriber book, Charles Dickens’ (not so) Bleak House.
To sign up for Artist-Amy’s book giveaway and your free pattern from Heatherly, go here.
Literary Links Of Interest For This Chapter:
- Daniel Huntington
- woman “drooping” against an armchair in black velvet
- Alexandre Cabanel
- How to measure a horse (video)
- Esther and Ahasuerus
- C-spring Barouche
- REALLY COOL SITE–scroll (way!) down to see the china and silver
- Isabey Miniatures
- The Enhanced eBook (EeBook) for The Age of Innocence is out! This includes the first eight chapters-worth of text, links to the podcast audio, discussion questions and writing prompts. Each week your book is updated as the next podcast is released.
This EeBook is updated weekly—at the same time as the podcast—so you can follow along in time with the ‘cast.
When you click on the “buy now” link to purchase your Age of Innocence Enhanced eBook, you will leave this site and go to PayPal. You will then be directed to a page with instructions for delivery.Remember: the book matches the podcast. Currently the EeBook includes the first eight chapters, loads of links, discussion questions, writing prompts—and is updatable every week.
- Kathryn Barbosa is sponsoring a give-away of one of her beautiful pendants to one lucky winner! Please see the Rafflecopter below to enter through July 31, 2013 to be included in this give-away. You may choose from among the pendants pictured in the shownotes. Rafflecopter will randomly pick a winner in August.
- Knit Circus
- Little Acorn Creations
- PennyWise Consulting, LLC
- Author Interview: Amy Crook of Antemortem Arts and Amy’s Not Dead Yet on Etsy. To sign up for her book giveaway, go here.
- The John Watson Socks and Arsenic and Old Lace shawl.
- Heatherly’s (Yarn Yenta) Gorgeous Ravelry work.
- The Alot at Hyperbole and a Half.
- My new Möbius Cowl pattern is up. And, of course, you can always go to my first love, Bertha’s Mad Mysterious Möbius.
- I’m Sami on KnitCompanion and used KC to work on my Dreambird.
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- The shop continues to grow (many audiobooks with benefits were originally available only topremium subscribers): The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights.
Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app
or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Want A Button?
grab the code