Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre, Chapter 21.
Our reader, Elizabeth Klett continues to rock Jane Eyre for us!
If the CraftLit iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
To help you navigate this chapter:
- Little Acorn Creations
- Knit Circus
- February Incentive – comment on any February show notes–saying something about the book or spinning–to be put into the running, and I’ll use a random number generator to pick the lucky winner.
The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs: Techniques for Creating 80 Yarns
by Sarah AndersonHere’s a link to knitty’s review (by jillian).
- Here’s a link to my own review at MamaO Knits Too Much.
Incentive donated by Storey Publishing.
- I have a new little coffee cozy pattern which you can buy now from my Rav store or from our Shoppe.
- The second issue of Knit Edge is now available! Knit Edge is a magazine published by our good friend, Cooperative Press. Yours truly has a podcasting column in it! Kate Atherly has a fantastic article on socks. There’s a fab-u-lous guernsey by Janine LeCras. There are many wonderful patterns, please check it out!
- The Fourth Annual Rose City Yarn Crawl in Portland Oregon will be Feb 28 – March 3, 2013.
- Ever wish there was Project Runway for Knitters? Now there is. Applications for The Fiber Factor are now open and due on Sunday, March 24, 2013. Will you swatch? Or will you Watch? The wonderful Amy Detjen is a judge along with many other fabulous people! Sorry, this is only for US Residents aged 21 or over because of shipping.
- There is another great book from our friend, Cooperative Press, (aren’t they all?). Bargello Knits by Patty Nance. The colorwork in these patterns is unique and stunning.
General Newsy Bits:
- Petition to raise awareness about the need to update and fix the VA: learn more about the petition to fix the Veterans Association and direct link to petition.
- The shop has been receiving some much needed attention and we are now able to offer downloads of the books — audiobooks with benefits. More payment options beyond paypal will be available very soon. If you are looking for a book from Craftlit that we did years ago, please hang in there. We’re reprocessing for better audio and cutting some of the extra stuff so it’s a nice streamlined download. As those are ready we’ll add them to the shop. Wuthering Heights and Canterville Ghost originally available free to premium subscribers is now available for purchase. Cool for Cats is also available for purchase.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can read all about the new interface here and discover the simplicity of listening to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android for free. Now playing… Alice in Wonderland! More options on the way for those of you without US credit cards, without a credit card at all, and for those of you who simply prefer to stay off the grid and use checks. More as soon as it’s set up!
- Please feel free to join our Knit-a-Long for Jane’s Ubiquitous Shawl. I’m done, but starting another (color me gluttonous).
- What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?—this time in color!—is available for pre-order!
Book talk starts at __ minutes. Click to listen.