Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, chapters 3–4, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Literary Links of interest for this chapter:
- The Bouguereau art
- The Caravaggio art
- Cabbage Rose carpet design
- Second Empire
- The Tuileries
- Kathryn Barbosa is sponsoring a give-away of one of her beautiful pendants to one lucky winner! Please see the Rafflecopter below to enter through July 31, 2013 to be included in this give-away. You may choose from among the pendants pictured in the shownotes. Rafflecopter will randomly pick a winner in August.
- Knit Circus
- Little Acorn Creations
- PennyWise Consulting, LLC
- I’m Sami on KnitCompanion
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- “Keep it Weird” is a reference to my quickie trip to Austin this week (the referenced gainful employment) where I got to see DarkMatterKnits and Fam. V nice.
- The shop continues to grow (many audiobooks with benefits were originally available only to premium subscribers): The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Want a button?
grab the code
Book Talk begins at 12:17