Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, chapter 15 , with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Baby Lily News and updates—please share
Grounded Sneak Peeks are here!!!
The first sneak peekis up!
Find out about the new sock patterns based on characters from the book, our KALs, and how you can share your desgins based on the book at the new site—and find out more about the complementary sock pattern you’ll get free if you
PRE-ORDER digital or digital+paperback copies of Grounded or PRE-ORDER signed or unsigned paperback copies of Grounded
And if you’re not ready to pre-order, you can find out more via the Grounded mailing list!
Literary Links of interest for this chapter:
- Spuyten Duyvil
- Herbert Spencer
- Dissertation on Victorian Dilettantes
- Alphonse Daudet
- George Elliot
- Dante Rosetti
- Christina Rosetti
- Hitch: Patterns Inspired by the Films of Alfred Hitchcock
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown (Our CraftLit-Throwdown group page on Ravelry) The rules are: There are no rules!
No just kidding, but we are treating it a bit like a playground style throwdown, so there aren’t many rules.
It basically boils down to this:
Listeners may donate to multiple podcast teams (but each individual hat will only count toward one team).
Follow the Halos of Hope guidelines when making your hats. (http://www.halosofhope.org/volunteers/cap-patterns-a-guidelines.html)
It’s looking like there will be prize drawing for people who donated hats to the winning team.
Since we’re a multi-craftual podcast, please know that hats may be knitted, crocheted, or sewn. And there are even a few patterns for sewn hats/headwraps on the Halos Site.
- Montessori Mischief
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
Chocolate Pot books
- Kim Werker’s unnatural mother post
- the design page from our listener’s husband (it’s a cool page!) for the martha stewart award
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- The shop continues to grow (many audiobooks with benefits were originally available only to premium subscribers): The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Booktalk begins at 9:30min
Want a button?
grab the code