We are reading Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South, chapters 6–7, with many thanks to our reader, Barbara Edleman. Book talk begins at 16 minutes. The first N&S episode is 331.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Giveaway winner of Crochet Wraps Every Which Way by Tammy Hildebrand was Jennifer in Calgary. Another giveaway starts on April 1 (don’t feel foolish by missing it!)
ALL eight of the Grounded sock patterns—are now in the complete eBook Novel Socks!
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter:
Manchester = Milton-Northern
Map of the World Afghan pic for you:
Africa was hard;
former USSR will be worse.
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown Thank you Team CraftLit! And, of course, you can still donate to Halos of Hope.
- New What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
The “Coke Loves Knitters!” spot:
- Swell app
- “Donkey Boys”—Alice in Wonderland (video version has “bathing machine” pic)
- Mama O post about how to talk to people in pain
- The Cognitive Anchoring blogged book will tell you why knitting and crocheting and doodling is good for your brain, take a look.
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.