Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, Book 2, chapter 20, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
You can see (and purchase) the first two Grounded sock patterns—Rosie and Izzy—or get the updating eBook, Novel Socks. Novel Socks: a set of socks based on characters from Grounded
More info about our KALs and how you can share your desgins based on the book at the new site.
To keep on top of new socks, shawls, and sock puppet theater (you heard me) join the Grounded mailing list!
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter:
- memoirs of the Baroness Bunsen
- Charles Worth
- cafés chantants
- Goncourt grenier
- Hunter’s Latest! Ne’er-do-Well Knits
- Halos of Hope Podcaster Throwdown (Our CraftLit-Throwdown group page on Ravelry) The rules are: There are no rules!
No just kidding, but we are treating it a bit like a playground style throwdown, so there aren’t many rules.
It basically boils down to this:
Listeners may donate to multiple podcast teams (but each individual hat will only count toward one team).
Follow the Halos of Hope guidelines when making your hats. (http://www.halosofhope.org/volunteers/cap-patterns-a-guidelines.html)
It’s looking like there will be prize drawing for people who donated hats to the winning team.
Since we’re a multi-craftual podcast, please know that hats may be knitted, crocheted, or sewn. And there are even a few patterns for sewn hats/headwraps on the Halos Site.
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- Trying to get Dracula to the shoppe in time for Halloween. Now in the shoppe, many audiobooks with benefits which were originally available only to premium subscribers: The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Booktalk begins at 10:27min
Want a button?
grab the code