| NEW! |
Call in and leave an audio comment!
How to call from outside of the US.
| Current Book |
Chapter 37 (Vol 2, ch 12) of North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell, with many thanks to our reader, Barbara Edleman. Book talk begins at 18:05.
The first N&S episode is 331.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
| This Week |
- The Disston Saw Works in the Tacony neighborhood of Philadelphia
- London up, Milton down? The Train answer, Other info? Let us know!
19th C. Industrial videos from Holiday Vacation’s CraftLit/Knitty London, Bath, and Wales Trip in 2010:
How they spun…
How they wove…
How the machine’s were powered…
How they made you deaf if you worked there…(adjust your volume first if on headset)
(Many thanks to Dianne for adding this to the itinerary!)
[socialpoll id=”2214623″] or click here–> online poll by Opinion Stage
Is there a difference between art and craft? – Laura Morelli
- Jon Scholes new podcast! The Missing Monkey
- Bleak House is within three weeks of done-ness. If you start listening to bundle 1 today, you will likely not catch up before we’re done. So. Get it now and by the time you’re ready for it, Bundle 5 will be arriving in your inbox.
- Request Heather speak on Cognitive Anchoring or teach (sock heels, etc) at CreativeLive or any of the Stitches events or VOGUEknitting LIVE!
- Henriette’s DIY explanatory and The Very Important Survey (remember, if you can forward this to friends and family who both are and are not crafty types, this would be great. The more far-flung the better).
- Stephannie Tallent’s new DVD class (with awesome pattern!) at Knitting Daily “Aran Lace Techniques”
- Christine—who brought up the idea of Morsbags labels that also say CRAFTLIT! has now been joined by Lauren who suggested the KnitMoreGirls’ label source they use for their various knit-alongs: www.sterlingnametape.com —Have a better/cheaper source? Lemme know!)
- GoFundMe site for Saving Sifu Design Studio
| This Month |
Other Stuff from this Month’s Shows
- Make a Morsbag, and our CraftLit Pod
- Knit a Nest article and Knit a Nest site
- eMail me with info on homeschool diplomas
- Women in Podcasting link hosted by Marina Martinez
| Every Week |
Shop in the Shoppe!
Use Our App!
- Bleak House Bundles 1-4 are in the Shoppe. FORTY hours of awesomeness with another 10 hours coming as soon as the book is finished for subscribers.
Return to the Top
Want a button?
…and more in the Defarge/CraftLit shop!
|Be the first to find out when the Grounded sequel–Shattered— will be released!|