Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, chapters 5–6, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
Literary Links of interest for this chapter:
- Rolodex (just in case you’re too young to remember)
- Declining an invitation (Miss Manners)
- Spuyten Dyvel
- The Enhanced eBook (EeBook) for The Age of Innocence is out! This includes the first six chapters-worth of text, links to the podcast audio, discussion questions and writing prompts. Each week your book is updated as the next podcast is released.
What does an EeBook look like? Here are sample pagesfrom a previous book:
|Enchanced eBooks (EeBooks) will include the complete digital text when the podcast/book are complete.||Direct link icons take you to the CraftLit and Just the Books mp3 audio. That way you can listen to the chapter in the background while letting your eyes see the words on the page.||Each chapter—or set of chapters—contained in a podcast file concludes with discussion questions for book groups and writing prompts for students—making the EeBooks useful for ESL students and homeschooling families.|
|This EeBook is updated weekly—at the same time as the podcast—so you can follow along in time with the ‘cast.|
When you click on the “buy now” link to purchase your Age of Innocence Enhanced eBook, you will leave this site and go to PayPal. You will then be directed to a page with instructions for delivery. Remember: the book matches the podcast. Currently the EeBook includes the first sixchapters, loads of links, discussion questions, writing prompts—and is updatable every week.
- Kathryn Barbosa is sponsoring a give-away of one of her beautiful pendants to one lucky winner! Please see the Rafflecopter below to enter through July 31, 2013 to be included in this give-away. You may choose from among the pendants pictured in the shownotes. Rafflecopter will randomly pick a winner in August.
- Knit Circus
- Little Acorn Creations
- PennyWise Consulting, LLC
- My new Möbius pattern which you can get at Ravelry. And, of course, you can always go to my first love, Bertha’s Mad Mysterious Möbius.
- I’m Sami on KnitCompanion
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- If you’re sad, read these feel-better letters
- My sister really is Snow White—the animals all love her
- The shop continues to grow (many audiobooks with benefits were originally available only to premium subscribers): The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
and the second one I just found
Book Talk begins at 12:30
Want a button?
grab the code