Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, chapter 9, with many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
To sign up for Artist-Amy’s book giveaway and your free pattern from Heatherly, go here—you have until August 30th.
Literary Links of interest for this chapter:
- Map of NY neighborhoods
- a family landau
- John Addington Symonds
- Vernon Lee’s “Euphorion“
- English painters of the present day: essays by J. Beavington Atkinson, Sidney Colvin, P.G. Hamerton, W.M. Rossetti, and Tom Taylor
- The Renaissance by Walter Pater
- Fra Angelico
- pampas grass
- Randolph Rogers statuettes
- Jacqueminot roses
- Buhl table
- gilt vitrine
- Saxe collections
- brougham drawn by a big roan
- des quartiers excentriques
The Age of Innocence EeBookis updated weekly—at the same time as the podcast—so you can follow along in time with the ‘cast.
When you click on the “buy now” link to purchase your Age of Innocence Enhanced eBook, you will leave this site and go to PayPal. You will then be directed to a page with instructions for delivery. Remember: the book matches the podcast. Currently the EeBook includes the first sixchapters, loads of links, discussion questions, writing prompts—and is updatable every week.
- Kathryn Barbosa is sponsoring a give-away of one of her beautiful pendants to one lucky winner! Please see the Rafflecopter below to enter through July 31, 2013 to be included in this give-away. You may choose from among the pendants pictured in the shownotes. Rafflecopter will randomly pick a winner in August.
- Knit Circus
- Little Acorn Creations
- PennyWise Consulting, LLC
- Heatherly’s (Yarn Yenta) Gorgeous Ravelry work.
- My new Möbius Cowl pattern is up. And, of course, you can always go to my first love, Bertha’s Mad Mysterious Möbius.
- I’m Sami on KnitCompanion and used KC to work on my Dreambird.
- Lots of What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- The shopcontinues to grow (many audiobooks with benefits. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.