Heatherly Walker/Yarn Yenta’s book!
And from Robin:
- an alternative view point on the Walk Out Not Up movement. In most cases of child on child violence, it is the bully that kills their classmate and that is generally true for the young school shooters as well. Even in Columbine, the shooters were more often the harassers than they were the victims.
- Here is a rebuttal to the Walk-Up concept
- Also, for some of the kids who are shy/awkward/different, Walk Up can backfire pretty badly.
- The Choose Kindness movement (along with reading the book Wonder ) is much better for bullying.
- from Anna G: Wet nursing
even some quilts with 1×1 in squares!
- Fun with Alexander Pope should include: No one should be ashamed to admit they are wrong, which is but saying, in other words, that they are wiser today than they were yesterday. (my new fave quote)
- Amethysts in Nova Scotia
- Viewless Winds, Measure for Measure (III.i. l.124)
Ay, but to die, and go we know not where; To lie in cold obstruction and to rot; This sensible warm motion to become A kneaded clod; and the delighted spirit To bathe in fiery floods, or to reside In thrilling region of thick-ribbed ice; To be imprison’d in the viewless winds, And blown with restless violence round about The pendent world. . .