We are reading Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South, chapters 13–14, with many thanks to our reader, Barbara Edleman. Book talk begins at 7:30 minutes.
If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Our new giveaway is for Knitted Mitts and Mittens by Amy Gunderson. Follow this link to enter on our dedicated Raffle page.
|Join the (very non-spammy) Grounded mailing list to keep up with the sequel release dates!|
Take this pic—or Save
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter
- Manchester = Milton-Northern
- Norma Rae
- The Waco/David Koresh article
- BBC Radio 4 – The Film Programme, A tour of the British Isles in accents
- Send me your Defarge Selfies! If you see a WWMDfK? book out in the wild, take a selfie with it and send it in or post it in the comments below! We’ll add it to the Defarge site. Be sure to tell us the name and location of your store so we can link back and give them props (like below)…
- Meg with Defarges in the wild at The Needlepoint Joint in Utah!
- New What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? KALs happening right now. Learn more and sign up for the mailing list.
- App-useful book list (also in app, now… I hope…)
- Awesome listener Christina sent Davenport desk info and Chevy Chase ballad info for you while I was befuddled and sleepy.
- North and South on Netflix—episode 1 should be safe.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.