Chapters 29-30 of Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen.
- Book talk starts at 07:00
- Call in Line – 1-206-350-1642
- Call in and leave an audio comment – Please use SpeakPipe if you are outside of the US
- First S&S episode: 378 shownotes | Audio
| Crafty |
Surviving a manipulator, 21st Century edition:
- and the Psychology Today issue that you may find interesting.
- Eeek for punctuation but an A+++ fascinating imagining of a day in the life of Emily Brontë (Jane Austen’s wouldn’t have been much different) and a page of her general hacks for making period clothing/costumes – helllooooooo Halloween!, Victorian costumes, and a brilliant hack for making a Regency dress from a Sari(!). (She also has a surprising article on the ‘hidden horrors’ of authentic German uniforms for WWII re-enactors – read carefully as she does warn you when you’re about to hit some disturbing photos and information towards the last third).
- And our video of listeners listening (you can still send in pix – I’ll add!):
Special 400th episode ideas?** Email me or go here and vote (or add your own idea)
| Book Talk – 07:00 |
- Mrs Jennings’ likely rug work: everything you may ever want to know about rug work in the 19th C. and a glossary
- A Chariot
A Pretty Yew (English Cedar):
- Olives, sweetmeats, dried cherries—basically, everything you ever wanted to know about preserves in the 19th C.
- Lise of Knitting Rose Yarns & Podcast connects vocabulary in Sense & Sensibility to HoneyBadger (the video is NOT for children or anyone who is offended by language. It is also not for people with limited senses of humor… or people with excellent senses of humor but who have bladder control challenges. Consider yourself warned).
| HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you’re on Twitter, I’d love it if you could please share CraftLit with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave a rating, a review, and subscribe to the free podcast!
Ways to subscribe to CraftLit: The Annotated Audiobook Podcast
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Or subscribe through the app (see below)
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
You can ask your questions, make comments, and let us know what you do when you listen to CraftLit! Let’s hear YOU for a bit, yes?
• Download the FREE CraftLit App for iOS or Android or Windows 8 smartphones and tablets (you can call or email feedback straight from within the app)
• Call 206-350-1642
• Email Heather@CraftLit.com
• Use our SpeakPipe Page!
Create a unique custom *PLSBSt-shirt online at Zazzle.
Premium Audio —
Reboot of Canterbury Tales — (005 this week) followed by the first Tale (The Knight’s).