N.B. The technology woes mentioned in the show exploded after recording (and losing the audio again… and again… and again…). The good news is that I get a new harddrive next Tuesday.
A girl can dream…
Chapters 31-32 of Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen.
- Book talk starts at 17:50
- Call in Line – 1-206-350-1642
- Call in and leave an audio comment – Please use SpeakPipe if you are outside of the US
- First S&S episode: 378 shownotes | Audio
| NEWSLETTER Sign-up |
Want to get the missing audio from today’s episode? Please use the form at the bottom of the shownotes. One Stop Shopping!
| Crafty |
- Jon Scholes! On a radio soap! Listen to him on Station Road!Find out when to listen here, (East Coast time is 11:30am Saturday, July 25th) the Countdown, and the link to listen is here.
- The first episode itself with be broadcast on Saturday the 25th of July as part of the 4:30pm programme, which will involve some chatting with some cast and writers, maybe me if they pick me. The time for the episode specifically will be 4:45pm.
- Episode 1 will be repeated as part of Monday’s drive time at 5:30pm on the 27th
- Episode 2 will be part of Wednesday’s drive time at 5:30pm on the 29th
- Episode 3 will be part of Friday’s drive time at 5:30pm on the 31st
- and so on, Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays.
- LEAR! On CHOP BARD! (3:50)
- (5:29) goofy Axis of Awesome Four Chord Video playlist (some patter/songs are not for little ears)
the four chords, BTW are: C G Am F or G D Em C or D, A, Bm, G (depending on your key)
Root chord, the 5 chord, the 6 chord, and the 4 chord of the major scale or major progression. (Major root chord, major chord on the 5th note, minor chord on the 6th note, and major chord on the 4th note.)
Root chord, the 6 chord, the 3 chord, and the 7 chord of the minor scale or minor progression. (Minor root chord, major chord on the 6th note, major chord on the 3rd note, and major chord on the 7th note.)
(and I particularly liked this one and this one, too)
- (8:00) Chair Yoga
- Poison Ivy-Oak-Sumac Itch Free Salve for Poison Ivy WiseWays Herbals salve in Worthington, Ma 01098, Jewel weed (8:30 )
- (12:15) Janice’s rug hooking examples and a glossary
- BookMarks magazine, Jan-Feb, #74 on Austen
And our video of listeners listening
(you can still send in pix – I still have a few mroe to add).
Special 400th episode ideas?
- It’s coming sooner than you think! Email me or go here and vote (or add your own idea)
- Teacher/Homeschooler book request form
| Book Talk – 17:50 |
- Sponging House
- Meeting to “Defend” at this time (well… Burr/Hamilton’s time, but close!)
- Loretta Lynn “You Ain’t Woman Enough (to take my man)”
- Gone Girl on paper and at Audible (and my audio of The Cool Girl rant)
- Amy Schumer + Julia Louis Dreyfus + Tina Fey + Patricia Arquette (not for little ears!)
| HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
I’d love it if you could please share #CraftLit with your Twitter followers. Click here to easily post a tweet!
If you dug this episode head on over to iTunes and kindly leave a rating, a review, and subscribe to the free podcast!
Ways to subscribe to CraftLit: your weekly annotated audiobook podcast:
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Or subscribe through the app (see below)
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION
• Call 206-350-1642 • Email Heather@CraftLit.com • Use our SpeakPipe Page!
- You can ask your questions, make comments, and let us know what you do when you listen to CraftLit! Let your voice be heard.
- Download the FREE CraftLit App for iOS or Android or Windows 8 smartphones and tablets (you can call or email feedback straight from within the app)
Create a unique custom *PLSBSt-shirt online at Zazzle.
| Premium Audio — Reboot of Canterbury Tales |
Episode 006 (later this week —because technology bites) to be followed shortly by the first Tale (the Knight’s).
Want a button?