302–Oh No He Di’n’t!
If the CraftLit iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Details on the new Download-Only Subscription option.
- Knit Circus
- Little Acorn Creations
- Sponsored Audiobook link—Listen to Jake Gyllenhaal narrate The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. This audiobook is only $7.49 with Audible membership! Want to add in the books with benefits experience? Purchase it now, in our shop.
Please respond to this quick 6 question survey from Libsyn, our audio host. This demographic information will help provide relevant advertising. NOTE–you can leave the email blank, all other questions must be filled out.
- Today, Friday May 10th, 7pm I’m speaking at Common Cod and teaching my sock heel workshop the next day. One of the heels is the same I used on my Holly Golightly pedicure socks and Count Fosco’s Pret-pret-pretties in W(e)WMDfK?
- Recent interviews–Episode 183 of the High Fiber Diet podcast, Episode 310 of Ready Set Knit.
- Thank you to everyone who came to meetup on Sunday May 5th at Maryland Sheep and Wool.
- Subscribe to my calendar and learn more about my classes and speaking engagements here.
- This week I interview Franklin Habit. He has a new Craftsy course, Heirloom Lace Edgings, and if you sign up through this special link you could win a spot in his (or any other) course!
- kClub is a new unique club that brings together designers, fiber artists, and you taking advantage of advances in technology to provide an interactive experience before only possible in person. It includes unique designs created exclusively for the club, KALs, Special Events, and deep-dive knitCompanion sessions. Membership is $59 and it runs April-March. It is open to anyone, knitCompanion is not required in order to enjoy many of the features and special events. If you do have kC, there is extended seminar training on using knitCompanion for the Spotlights as well as specialized kC University classes.
- Laura Ricketts, What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? designer, released an adult-sized (xs-3x!) version of her Comfort of a Friend Shawl as a thank-you gift for those who pre-ordered. It’s now available to purchase (it’s related to but not IN the book). While the knit-a-long started April 16th, please feel free to join in! Promise… I’m still on my beginning ribbing…
- The second volume of the What Would Madame Defarge Knit?® series, What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?, is now available! The print edition should be back from the printer soon. Please order your copy today! You can also join the mailing list to receive news about upcoming books in this series. Preview the patterns on the website or at Ravelry.
General Newsy Bits:
- The Shakespeare Alphabet Book. By Our Ehren Ziegler and What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? Illustrator Shannon Sneedse Kickstarter campaign through May 29th. Please back this project!
- Curious about Digital Humanities? Listener Henriette Roued-Cunliffe explains.
- The shop is spiffified—and holds some stand-bys: Wuthering Heights, Alice in Wonderland, Canterville Ghost, and The Great Gatsby originally available free to premium subscribers are now available for purchase. Cool for Cats is also there. And best, A Tale of Two Cities is now available! The audio has been completely reprocessed for an improved books with benefitsexperience.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can read all about the different options here you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android’s app or you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan.
grab the code
Franklin Habit interview starts at 2:55
Book talk starts at 37min