24 Hours to <3 CraftLit
CraftLit listeners have done so much to support the show over the last 11 years, I thought you might like a win-win reward: Amazon’s 24+ hour Prime-a-ganza!
Amazon is about to host 36 hours of crazy sales starting at 9pm Eastern time, tonight (7/10/17). There are only a few things you need to know/do in order to benefit and
Knock out all of your Christmas shopping in July!
- It’s easier to get what you actually are looking for if you have their app on a smart device (easier but not required):
- In order for CraftLit to benefit from your shopping, you have to start your shopping from any Amazon link (which are affiliate links) on CraftLit.com—
- You will have to be a Prime Member to get the sales and deals — and there’s a 30-day-free-trial during which you can scoop up the deals!
- The big bonuses for CraftLit come if you sign up for Amazon Prime from a CraftLit link (like this one) and/or an Audible Gold Membership (like this one), and then stay on past the 30-day-trial. (If you’re curious, feel free to email me and I’ll be happy to tell you how many times Prime membership has paid off for me in the last year.)
- There’s even a 6-month student Prime membership!
Over the 24+ hour period Amazon will be hosting special sales in these categories:
And other special deals like:
|Up to 40% Off Kindle Unlimited
Kindle – Up to 40% Off Kindle Unlimited
|Some nifty All-New Kindle Travel Bundles, starting at $199
Shop Amazon Devices – Introducing All-New Kindle Travel Bundles, starting at $199
|Trade-in deals on older Kindles, so you can get up to $35 off a new Kindle
Shop Amazon Devices- Get up to $35 off Trade in your Kindle off a new one
|Prime Members get 40% off Audible Membership from June 29, 2017 through July 11, 2017|
If you haven’t gone down the Audible rabbit hole, this might not be a bad time to start because Prime Members get 40% off Audible Membership through July 11, 2017.
On a completely free, non-affiliate note, check and see if your local public library allows you to use Hoopla. A Completely free ebook/audiobook/comic-graphic-novel reader/player. Amazing thing. Not 100% intuitive but it IS 100% free. (And for a first borrow, I recommend Dan Stevens’ amazing performance——because that’s the only way to describe it, truly a tour de force——for Murder on the Orient Express. Timely what with the Branaugh film on its way.)
Plus, if you already have an Echo/Alexa, you can now shop for deals using your voice! Alexa will let your readers shop Prime Day Spotlight deals starting at 4pm PST/7pm EST on Monday July 10, 2017 – two hours before everyone else.
If you’re interested in learning more, there’s a guide to the whole shebang: Prime Day 2017 – 30 Hours of Deals
So, one more time, PrimeDay Best Practices:
- Download an Amazon App – a href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R20MPW2?redirect=true&ref_=pn_lp_app_amzn”>
- Go to “Today’s Deals,” click “Upcoming” to view all deals 24 hours before they are live, and then tap “Watch this deal.” The app will alert you when that deal is starting.
- Add items to your list and compare great deals
- Add items you’re interested in buying to your List and compare their deals.
- Watch the videos and see how it’s done
- Watch your deals
- Add items to your list
- Know when your shipment will arrive
GET TO KNOW HOW DEALS WORK
Where do you find the deals?
- Shop deals as early as 6pm PT / 9pm ET on July 10
You’ll find Prime Day deals on amazon.com/primeday from 6pm PT / 9pm ET on July 10. (Start watching deals on July 9—24 hours before they are live!) New deals start as often as every 5 minutes for 30 hours straight.
- Get deals on everything you’re into
Members will find deals organized by our most shopped-for themes. Whether you’re a pet lover or gardener, techie or artist, Prime members will be able to find deals even faster. Explore deals on the stuff you love.
- If you miss a deal, join the Waitlist
If an item shows “100% claimed,” click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page. If additional items become available, you’ll receive a notification on your mobile device.
What about special deal types?
Prime Day Spotlight Deals feature top brands, popular items and deep discounts that last until our stock is gone. These deals have the most inventory and some of the best savings. Find Spotlight Deals through the “Shop All Deals” link on Amazon.com or at www.amazon.com/primeday
30 Hours of Prime Day: Spotlight Deals that start on July 10th may return on July 11th. Product detail pages will indicate which Spotlight Deals may return, while supplies last.
Thousands of Lightning Deals are watchable 24 hours ahead but only run for a limited time with limited quantities. New Lightning Deals will launch as often as every 5 minutes. You’ll see a timer on each deal as well as a status bar showing availability until the deal is claimed. Find these limited-time deals through the “Shop All Deals” link: www.amazon.com/primeday