Chapter 3 of Dracula! Whoot!
(Scroll to the bottom of the page for a player or grab the show on iTunes or via this feed.) Again, many thanks to Jon Scholes at www.vaguenet.com—who seems to have been born to read this book for you.
Nifty things for you!
I’m part of the fun at Rhinebeck Bingo (Square and Player!) and I’ll be at Building C, #17 most of the time. CraftLit/Rhinebeck meetup at 11:30 Sat/Sun, then we can poke over to the Ravelry Party.
Pick up a Defarge or bring yours for me to sign and get your very own wristband!
If you haven’t seen the Creepy Cute Crochet book yet, you really must. Saw her and her crochet goodies at the CraftyBastards Craft Fair and she’s just delightful!
The husband’s new novel has a giveaway for a copy at GoodReads!
To clarify location and peoples in Dracula somewhat:
Who ARE these people Harker is going on about?
- Saxons—Germanic people
- Hungarians—also known as Magyars (pronounced mad-jar or mad-yar, from Hungarian–magyarok)
- Wallachia or Walachia (Romanian–Èšara RomÃ¢neascÄƒ pronounced [ËˆtÍ¡sara romÉ¨ËˆneÌ¯askÉ™] or Valahia pronounced [vaËˆlahi.a]; archaic–Èšeara RumÃ¢neascÄƒ, Cyrillic–Ð¦Ñ£Ñ€Ð° Ð ÑƒÐ¼Ñ«Ð½Ñ£ÑÐºÑŠ / Ð¦Ñ£Ñ€Ð° Ð È£Ð¼Ñ«Ð½Ñ£ÑÐºÑŠ) is a historical and geographical region of Romania.
- Atilla the Hun
This is what an Aquiline (roman) nose looks like:
Here’s a caleche
Grab a button or get more from CraftLit’s link to us page
CHEEKY REDHEAD’s CREEPY PLAYLIST:
- “Cruel Spell” by Big Bad Voodo Daddy
- “Hell” by Squirrel Nut Zippers
- “Dr Bones” by Cherry Poppin Daddies
- “Werewolves of London” by Warren Zevon
- “Young Blood” by Norah Jones
- “Dead Man’s Party” by Oingo Boingo
- “Kiss of Fire” by Louis Armstrong
- “Bad Things” by Jace Everett
- “All Souls Night” by Loreena McKennitt
- “Moon Over Bourbon Street” by Sting
- “Devil With A Blue Dress/Good Golly Miss Molly” by Mitch Rider & the Detroit Wheels
- “I Put A Spell On You” by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
- “In The Midnight Hour” by Wilson Picket
- “That Old Black Magic” by Keely Smith/Louis Prima
Add your fave creepy songs to the comments section below!
What I’m knitting that isn’t for Voyageur Press:
Chrissy G’s Wilhelmina’s Shawlette in the WWMDfK? Knit Along! Meg’s Van Tassel Mittens KAL!
Goodreads Widget for CL Group:
Book talk begins at 17 min. Listen to 225 audio.