They’re fun. They’re educational. They’re a way to gauge people and places.*
But most of all—for me, anyway—books are escapes.
Even more so when we’re talking about old books—classic books (as opposed to, you know, Fifty Shades of Something-or-Other)—there is something almost mystical (maybe even spiritual) about getting to see where those books were born, what inspired the author. The moments of my life where I’ve been able to look out at the world through the same window an author looked out a hundred or more years ago—yeah. Those are moments I’ll remember forever.
What if you had a chance to get in — and get to go into these places, too? Go see the homes, the landscape, the schoolroom, the blustery moors, The Writing Desk where Your Favorite Book was written, The Trunk with All The Childhood Stories, Mr. McGregor’s farm, the hill where You Too Can Wander Lonely as a Cloud.
I know, right?
There are only a few people who can completely understand this. I know. I get it. We’re different that way.
But can you imagine the chance to do that with a group of people who totally get it the way you do??
If you can, then you need to join me.
It’s the chance of a lifetime. You won’t ever forget the experience — or the friends you’ll make.
I’ve pasted details below for easy access but if you want to just call and get your seat right now (which I totally understand) just call 1-800-826-2266. Dianne (or any of the many charming folks at Holiday Vacations who can help you out and answer your questions and get you all reserved.
Why the urgency?
Because you only have until February 10, 2018 to save your seat!
Let’s go see some beautiful countryside and fascinating places and have some mystical moments communing with authors of days past.
I can’t wait to see you in June!
*Have you ever walked into a house and felt mildly uncomfortable only to figure out it was because there were no books in sight. Yeah. Me too.
8 days | Airfare Included
Discover fascinating people and attractions on this tour to the literary heart of England.
Your Holiday Vacations Experience Includes
- All airfare
- All fuel surcharges, government fees, airport & departure taxes
(minimum value of $660 per person)
- Holiday Vacations Tour Director
- British Blue Badge Guide
- Motorcoach and professional Driver
- All accommodations
- Baggage handling at hotels
- $100 travel voucher for a future Holiday Vacations tour
13 Excellent Meals Featuring
- Holiday Vacations Welcome Dinner
- Daily breakfast
- Dinner at Dunkeld House
- Full Afternoon Tea at Abbotsford House
- Scottish Show & Dinner at Prestonfield House
All Accommodations Featuring
- 2 nights at the Jury’s Inn Glasgow
- 1 nights at the Dunkeld House Hotel
- 2 nights at the Glen Mor hotel in Inverness
- 3 nights at the Ibis Edinburgh Center South Bridge in Edinburgh
Attractions & Highlights
- Glasgow city tour
- Paisley Museum & Art Gallery
- Weaver’s Cottage in Kilbarchan
- Loch Katrine cruise • Stirling Castle
- Ancient Oak in Birnam Wood
- Dunkeld Village
- Blair Athol Distillery & Tasting
- Leault Working Dogs demonstration
- Dunrobin Castle
- Falconry demonstration
- Culloden Battlefield
- Glamis Castle
- Edinburgh city tour
- Rosslyn Chapel
- Abbotsford House & Garden