Chapter 5 – The Count of Monte Cristo
- Book talk starts at 21:00
- Call in Line – 1-206-350-1642
- Call in and leave an audio comment – Please use SpeakPipe if you are outside of the US
- First CoMC episode: 402 shownotes | Audio
| Crafty Bits|
Time code links are for and take you to YouTube
- Cowl: 11:30
- Stitch Markers: 14:30
- Beadalon and accu-flex would be brands of the coated jewelry wire I used for the stitch markers. Crimp beads are just… crimp beads.
- Briar Rose Fibers: www.briarrosefibers.net
- My leg warmers are made with “Nate’s Sock Yarn”, which it doesn’t look like she has right now.
- Unspun Single Sweater: 20:20
- Icelandic unspun: http://www.schoolhousepress.com/wool/unspun-icelandic/unspun.html
- …and EZ’s (Elizabeth Zimmerman’s) percentage yoke sweater is what I am following, which is in all of her books and is GENIUS.
- Circlet: 26:10
- Entrelac: 27:30 (how to https://youtu.be/tcLxMt9GehM)
- Entrelac scarf project page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ericah64/not-so-scrappy-entrelac-scarf
- In talking about canning, I mentioned Doctor Gemma. She does a segment of CogKnitive called “Put a Lid on it”, where she talks about canning, etc. http://cogknitivepodcast.blogspot.com/
- Stitches West is Thursday February 18 through Sunday February 21st at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Erica will be in the Dizzy Blonde Studios booth (1033 & 1035) at the very least Friday 9:30 – 2:30 and Sunday 12:30 – 2:30, if not more. She will be joined by Thing Two starting late Friday afternoon. Please come say “hi” and don’t be shy about introducing yourself! Erica will be posting to Instagram and Twitter throughout the weekend. Her name on both is ericah64. Expect a full Stitches run-down next week in Crafty Chat.
If you have ideas for Crafty Chat, please post them in the “What do YOU want to hear about” thread on Ravelry. We welcome suggestions! http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/craftlit-podcast/3373317
Nanette the Nanny’s save-your-hands microwave bowl cozies: 31:00
THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO BAG: Facebook post – Etsy Store
| Book Talk – 21:00 |
Notre Dame de Paris
By Daniel Vorndran / DXR, CC BY-SA 3.0,
Flying buttress and (ahem) lego piece pic
| SPREAD THE CLASSICS |
Love the happy feeling you get when we start a new book? Consider sharing #CraftLit with your Twitter followers click here to easily post a tweet,Facebook friends
If you <3 this episode and have a sec, please head on over to iTunes and kindly leave a rating, a review, and subscribe to the free podcast!
Ways to subscribe to CraftLit: your weekly annotated audiobook podcast:
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
- Or subscribe through the app (see below)
| FEEDBACK |
You can ask your questions, make comments, and let us know what you do when you listen to CraftLit! Let your voice be heard.
• Download the FREE CraftLit App for iOS or Android or Windows 8 smartphones and tablets (you can call or email feedback straight from within the app)
• Call 206-350-1642
• Email Heather@CraftLit.com
• Use our SpeakPipe Page!
Wear Your Love AS Your Sleeve!
Podcast Listener Since Before Serial by CraftLit*
Create a unique custom *PLSBSt-shirt online at Zazzle.
| Premium Audio — Begin Three Men in a Boat (to say nothing of the dog)
This week — It Begins!
Enjoy the laughs! (This is safe for kids… though the little ones probably won’t get the jokes.)